March 2, 2014

ISAT Week


Today's post is going to be super easy because it's ISAT Week here in Illinois.

We start Tuesday and test through Thursday/Friday (7th grade has one extra day of testing for science). I will be administering the test to my darling little J, which means we'll be hanging out together in a small room for many, many hours.

I fully anticipate her finishing her tests in record time because she LOVES multiple choice. Why think about the answer when one can simply fill in a random bubble?

I'd been collecting ideas for when we're done super early:

  • Card games
  • Journal activities
  • Cool math games
  • Mancala
  • Books we can read together
Friday will include an ELA test over our class novel, Maniac Magee, as well as a science test on all the vertebrates we've been studying for weeks. By Friday, I think our kids will be bouncing off the walls with energy after sitting still and silent for so long. 

It's going to be a long week, friends. Pray for us!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my...poor you! I despise testing week! (Unfortunately, we do it in the fall...when the kids don't remember a thing because they did NOTHING over the summer other than play video games. But I digress...)

    You are WAY nicer than me. When my kids finish early, they just have to sit there. Otherwise, they want to finish quickly to get to the fun games.

    Best of luck to you! I'll be thinking of you!!
    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you lots of hugs and love!!!! I don't envy you at all.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our testing is beginning soon... sigh! I am sending you positive thoughts and sweet bloggy wishes for a smooth, stress-free week. It'll be over be you know it!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Erin, couldn't find your email ( and it probably right in front of me!) you won the draw on my blog for the read-a-thon. the details are there and you can also contact me at justdeb at debamarshall dot com. Congrats!

    p.s. good thoughts and vibes from me to you on the upcoming testing week..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips